Wednesday, March 10, 2010


FLAME OUT STORY

Jan and I have always loved candles in any romantic moment, with dinner or any special event there is sure to be a soft warm glow. A few years back I saw in a magazine a candle fireplace, I knew it would be a perfect Christmas gift for Jan. It is a wonderful addition to our living room, but I soon came to notice that Jan was willing to light our different arrangements of candles but never wanted to put them out. I was always in charge of extinguishing the flames; but after awhile I noticed all the unpleasantness of the job: heat, smoke, splashing, odor and mess. I now understand why she did not like to put out the candles at the end of the night. One evening I looked at the 8 burning candles in the fireplace and decided there must be a better way. I set out the next day to begin the process of developing something that would solve all the problems of extinguishing candles. I found a ball & placed a short tube inside which then created a flow of air to extinguish the candles. I added a crystal looking base for a beautiful and elegant finish; Flame Out was born. Jan now enjoys putting out our different candle arrangements herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment